FMEA predict the failure and prevent occurrence in manufacturing and functional areas which generate defects
This 17-page reference guide (with charts and diagrams) focuses on the key elements of creating and using a Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
FMEA occurs during the Measure Phase of DMAIC as one of the steps in mapping the process to identify the X's, Critical X's, value and on-value add activities.
FMEA topics covered in the reference guide include:
- History and types
- Who creates them; when and why
- Traditional vs Six Sigma FMEA
- Identify input variables for analysis
- Enter failure modes and effects
- Score severity
- Enter causes and score occurrences
- List controls
- Plan and verify improvements
[caption id="attachment_17598" align="alignnone" width="1250"] Sample image for reference guide[/caption]